Wednesday, April 26, 2006

STC-II -- Pictures, more pictures



Britton

Larry & Buzz

Charlene



Don

John; John & Charlene are proprieters of Iron Horse.





I liked the Chicane tank bag several people had (including a hydration bag). A nice idea for the hydration nozzle using a tank bag: use a retractable badge holder velcro'd in front of the bag.



Just make sure your cooler doesn't block your license plate!




Susan Galpin - after this event I quipped that she's the perfect woman (well, ok - certainly one of my lifetime favorites - skilled, confident, straight talking, no bull, and nice as all getout). Those of us who had the opportunity to ride with her (or, as in my case, try to keep up with her) had a life altering (and very enjoyable) experience. And - man - what a great story teller!



Lots of nice people at STC-II (if only my head held all those names better :-).

But I remember "just Joe"... lesse, that's him on the left... no... wait... I mean the right... *grin* (the right).




These nice folks offered up their grill, so Britton & I didn't need to pan fry burgers that night (we offered up some beer - it's a dry county there!). Actually, one of the worst things about Charlene's cooking is that we didn't get as much opportunity / motivation to cook out as we'd expected! (Charlene - the Salmon, though, was overcooked, girrrl :-).







Some people really liked Mick-O-Pegs (foot rests to stretch your legs out on). They are spring loaded, and drop down. I even saw one bike that had Mick-O-Pegs, J-Pegs, and Mike's rests (BMW Highway Ottoman's -- pads to rest your calfs on, above the tipover wings). Some people complained that Mick-O-Pegs limited their cornering ability (they are the lowest mounted). Mike's pads seemed the most popular among the "extreme" cornering riders. Imagine, a couple of people even claimed to have worn HOLES into their side-cases from cornering (I didn't believe it, but Britton confirmed it with first hand eye-witnesses!).

I'll spot some of Mike's Highway Ottomans for you somewhere here.





No comments: