Monday, August 11, 2008

Colorado 2008


I'm off to Colorado - to participate in ICP's I-Skills Zone instructor training. I haven't seen Sherod & Phyllis in some years, so it will be nice to spend some time with them - talking, hiking, relaxing. I'll also visit with Jeff (who moved to the Denver area a few years back) and Stew (who I worked with almost 12 years ago now). I thought about going out to Denver to do day trips in the mountains (and I will do some of that) - but realized I can't remember when I didn't take an interstate out west.

So I've got the cure here - my route goes down Rt 30 through Iowa (Joan's suggestion - thru Ames), and down allong the rolling backroads along the Kansas / Nebraska boarder (Stew's suggestion).

I haven't been to Mount Rushmore and the Badlands since I was a kid, and so I decided to do that on the way back - avoid (hopefully) most of the Sturgis congestion, and really take the back roads there too.

So (finally), here we go! The vacation _is_ a ride! About 2400 miles all told.

Hopefully, there will be public access computers along the way where I can post pictures.

No comments: