Monday, August 18, 2008

Downtown Denver

In all the trips I've made to Colorado, I've never wandered downtown.
Sherod, Phyllis and I started the afternoon with a walk around a lake in Evergreen, and then down into the Valley.

I had a head-banger of a headache (because the sun was finally out?); some spicy food cured it.

Here's what I look like in the Mile High City with a head banger:



Here's what Sherod looks like worried I might puke in his car (hehehe):




We visited the Colorado History Museum, and barely saw enough of it - it was fascinating, great exhibits.

We had dinner at Rioja on Joan's recommendation - it was enjoyed by all. Stew drove down to meet us. After dinner, gelato and a walk around Denver downtown. There were leased bicycle lockers at Union Station - not nearly enough to make a green dent.






We ended the evening with a hot drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have joined you at Rioja for a vegetarian four-square.
I'm having cake in Cape Cod instead.

Joan